How to Flash Samsung with Odin
Odin is a software used to flash Samsung firmware, recoveries, bootloaders or modem files, ie to reinstall. And this tip is about how to flash Samsung manufacturer firmware / official ROM with Odin.
Flashing with Odin: How to Flash Samsung with Odin
- Flashing a firmware package will erase all data on your phones internal memory. If you do not want to lose the mobile phone data, you should first create a backup for your Samsung on PC .
- Download Odin3 and the correct firmware ROM on your computer. You can do it on Smmobile.com, Samsung update or from other source depending on the model number. Open the ROM file and find firmware files like: * .tar.md5.Tip : If you do not know the model number of your mobile phone, you can find information about it in ” About the phone “, ” About the device ” on the phone.
- Make sure the Samsung USB device driver is already installed on your computer. If not, download from Samsung.com .
Step 1. Start download mode on the Samsung phone
- Turn off your Samsung mobile phone;
- Press and hold the Volume Minus , Home , and Power buttons simultaneously;
- When the phone vibrates, release the power button but still press the other two;
- If a delusion occurs, press the Volume Plus button to enter download mode. There you can see the Android logo.
Step 2. Samsung flashing with Odin
- Connect the phone to the computer via USB cable. Start Odin3. If the software detects your phone correctly, you will see the hint Added !! In the log area . Or you can find it in the light blue box under ID: COM .
- On Odin3, click on ” PDA ” or ” AP ” (The name is different from versions of Odin3), and select the loaded ROM file. Then below with a click on ” Start “. The software starts flashing immediately. You can check the process in the log area .
Attention! You should not disconnect or use the phone while flashing.
Flash successful / failed
If the flashing goes well, your Samsung phone will restart and then see a green “pass” sign on Odin. Now you can disconnect the phone.
If the flashing failed, try using the following methods to redo it:
- Reload the firmware file and make sure it is compatible with your device model;
- Update the device driver software to the latest;
- Run Odin as an admin;
- Try using a different USB cable / port;
- Restart the computer.
Flashing ROM memory has many advantages. For example, repairing system crashes, unstable apps, hanging the logo on devices, or resetting your phone to the non-rooted state … And there are certainly more reasons to flash the ROM on your Android phone.