How to enable Samsung recovery and download mode
When you first learn to flash Samsung devices, then you may be hesitant about terms like recovery mode and download mode. So what does the two terms mean and how can you enable Samsung Recovery Mode and Download Mode. Follow the solutions and find out the answer immediately.
What is Samsung Recovery Mode and Download Mode
Recovery is a self-contained, lightweight runtime inspiration. There is a separate partition from the Android OS on all Android devices. This mode allows you to reset the device, clear the cache partition, install software updates. If you encounter problems with your Samsung device, such as being infected by a virus or corrupted software, or the screen is not responding, you can use this mode to solve problems.
Samsung download mode, also known as Odin mode, is most affected by Samsung devices. After enabling this mode, you can connect the device to the computer and flash ROMs and cores using Odin or other software. These Roms and Kernels are official Roms, root files, etc.
Both modes offer users the ability to flash Rome on Samsung device. Difference: the execution of the actions. When flashing About Samsung Recovery mode you need Rom in .Zip format and the connection to the computer is unnecessary. When flashing via Samsung download mode you have to connect the device to computer, and perform the action using Odin.
How to activate the Samsung recovery mode
Steps to Put Samsaung in Recovery Mode
- Turn off your device
- Press and hold the following buttons at the same time: Home button, Volume Up, On / Off button. When the smartphone restarts, release the buttons.
- You can select by clicking on the volume up button and the options and confirm the choice by clicking on on / off button .
The options in recovery mode
- Reboot system now: This option will leave the Samsung Recovery mode and after dialing your device will start in the normal Android operating system.
- Apply update from ADB: It is for developers, often to fix the bugs in applications.
- Wipe data / factory reset: This option will lose all your data (photos, videos, music, apps). And the phone will be reset to factory settings.
- Apply Update from External Storage: When this function is selected, the mode checks for updates to external memories.
- Wipe cache partition: The temporary data of the system and the applications in the cache partition are deleted. But none of your personal information is lost.
So you start in the Samsung download mode
- Turn off your device. Then press and hold the following key combination: [Power + Home + Volume Decrease].
- Release the buttons when a warning message appears.
- Press the volume key to enter the download mode.