FileZilla is a free FTP client that we have at our disposal for a few years now and is considered by many to be the best free FTP client that exists.
FileZilla has nothing to envy professional or paid FTP clients, as it is a very complete and stable solution.
Why choose FileZilla as an FTP client?
- It is a free FTP client so you save paying licenses. It is also an open source project, so the source code is available to the public.
- Intuitive use with a clean and easy-to-use user interface . But the simple interface hides in its advanced options a wide variety of options that make FileZilla a very powerful tool.
- It supports several file transfer protocols , in addition to FTP it supports: FTPS (FTP over SSL / RLS), SFTP ( SSH File Transfer Protocol ).
- It is multiplatform , since it has versions for Windows, MAC, Linux and more.
- It is multilanguage , it is available in a large number of languages.
- It supports the use of SOCKS5 proxy and FTP-Proxy in case you need to remain anonymous.
- Very complete administrator and file explorer that allows you to perform all kinds of tasks (rename, move, edit, etc.) and that speeds up its use by dragging and dropping (Drag & Drop).
- Support for summarizing file transfers would require sessions, which helps with large file transfers over connections with low speeds.
- It allows parallel transfers and adjusts the number of maximum connections, as well as allows you to set transfer speed limits.
- Interface with tabs , which allows us to have connections on different servers at the same time.
- Site and bookmark manager to quickly access our servers. The inconvenience that some users see is in this section and it is because it stores the credentials (username and password) to access the FTP server, in plain text and to some users this seems to be a lack of security. Personally, I prefer to know that my passwords are stored in plain text (so I will take precautions so that they do not accidentally access them) to tell me that security is extreme because they use an encryption system and then those passwords are easily found decodable.
In my opinion FIleZilla is the most recommended FTP client and my favorite, not only because it is free but also because it is very powerful and it is constantly evolving and the developers offer new versions quite frequently.