Android Backup: Backup and restore mobile data to PC
To avoid data loss, it is extremely important to back up data on your Android phone. Creating Android backup on PC is the safest way of doing so, because you can always restore your valuable data (photos, contacts, etc.) from backup, even if the phone breaks down, fallen into the water, not responding, everything deleted after resetting to factory settings, or involved in other accidents.
Compared to per Drap and drop files to move manually on the PC is FonePaw Android Backup & Restore is a handy backup tool that allows us Android to create backup to the Windows PC or a Mac before factory reset, accidental deletion, ROM Flashing or root.
- Two mode to back up Android Mobile Data: Backup selectively for your desired data; Backup with one click to make a complete backup for your Android;
- Encrypt backup so your phone password protect data;
- Able to backup photos, videos, music, contacts, SMS, call history and documents on your Android phone / tablet;
- View backup data on PC and restore it with a click on the Android phone ;
- Fully compatible with devices running Android 2.3 and newest versions like Android 7, 8 and 9.
Download the program for free and try it out. You can create backup for Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, Motorola, Pixel and more.
- How to create Android Backup on PC
- How to restore mobile phone data from backup
- Video Guide: Back up and restore Android phone data
How to create Android Backup on PC
Android data secure selectively
If you only want to back up certain types of Android data , eg backup only for photos, make contacts, you can easily select the data you want to back up.
1. Launch FonePaw Android Backup & Restore on your PC and select Android Backup on the left .
2. Connect your phone to the PC via USB . If USB debugging is disabled, follow the instructions on the program to enable it so that your Android phone is properly recognized.
3. All data types are displayed for saving. Market the ones you want to backup and click on Start .
Extra . If you want to protect the Handy Backup with password, switch on the option Encrypt backupfrom the start. Then create a password for it. This is needed in restoring the backup.
4. A backup for your Android phone will be created immediately. Check the result by clicking OK.
Note : By default, the Android backup will be saved to the C drive. Go to Settings > Preferences to change the location.
Android complete backup with just one click
If you want to back up your mobile data completely, select the one-click backup function.
1. Connect your Android phone to the PC with a USB cable.
2. On Android Backup & Restore, tap One-Click Backup .
3. The program will immediately start backing up all your phone data, including photos, contacts, sms, videos and more. It might take a while to get disconnected from the data on your Android phone.
How to restore mobile phone data from backup
Meanwhile, you have made Android Backup on your PC. In case of accidental deletion or data loss due to broken / damaged mobile phone, Android Backup & Restore allows you to restore the backup to the original phone or to another one at any time.
1. Start the program and with a USB cable connect the phone to your PC.
2. Select Android Data Recovery or One-Click Recovery . All available backups will then be displayed. If you can not find a backup you want, click Select to manually add backup files from the folder.
3. Select a backup and tap Start. In case it is encrypted, enter the password. Then mark the data and get it back to your phone.
Note : When restoring the SMS, a pop-up will appear during the process asking you to change the SMS app. Just tap Yes to continue. After recovery, you can easily continue using the previous app.
If you have question in question, please write in the comments or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support.